How to present your research or project to an audience that can only see you through the webcam? In this workshop you will learn to present online your message with impact.
Target audience: researchers, professionals and anyone who ever needs to communicate a complex message online.
Aim: the participants learn to present their research or project online in a clear and convincing manner, tailored to the needs of the target group.
Approach: a combination of practical tips, interactive exercises and inspiring cases. We will be using research or project examples from the participants themselves. To provide individual feedback to each participant, we suggest the combination of a webinar in the morning and interactive try-out sessions in smaller groups in the afternoon. During such a session, the participants present their own topic to each other and receive feedback.
Participants: for the general webinar the number of participants is unlimited. For the interactive try-out sessions we preferably work with no more than 6 participants per session for optimal group interaction. We can organize several sessions on the same day.
Language: Dutch, English or Spanish.
Duration: an online session normally lasts between 2 and 3 hours, including a short break. The interactive try-out session lasts one hour and a half.
Software: we use Zoom, WebinarGeek or BlueJeans. These tools are very user-friendly and we can easily let the participants work together in small groups.
Trainers: Hans Van de Water and Toon Verlinden.
The following elements will be discussed during the workshop:
- What makes presenting online different?
- Which software should you use?
- Can you use the same slides for online presentations?
- How do you keep the attention of your audience?
- How do you make it interactive?
- What do you say in your first minute?
- Do you have to be visible too when you use slides?
- Should you sit or stand?
- How do you make eye contact?
During the interactive try-out session, participants will have the opportunity to immediately apply the tips from the workshop by giving a short presentation, followed by feedback from the other participants.
For a 2-hour online workshop:
- Non-profit organizations (including educational and research institutions): € 832 excl. tax (1040 incl. VAT)
- Standard price: € 925 excl. tax (1119 incl. VAT)
For an online workshop (unlimited number of participants), together with two try-out sessions (6 participants each):
- Non-profit organizations (including educational and research institutions): € 1440 excl. tax (1742 incl. VAT)
- Standard price: € 1600 excl. tax (1936 incl. VAT)
We adjust the price depending on the specific training offer.
Adaptable to your needs
We adjust the workshop content and duration based on your needs, the specific target group and the number of participants.
For example, we can offer a preliminary phase, in which the participants watch a video from home and prepare a pitch.
A follow-up process is also possible, in which participants work out a presentation and record it. We give them personal feedback.
Schedule a workshop
Interested in one of our workshops? Get in touch and let us tailor a workshop especially for the needs and wishes of your organization.