Target audience: researchers, professionals and anyone who ever needs to communicate a complex message.
Aim: the participants learn to present their research or project in a clear and convincing manner, tailored to the needs of the target group.
Approach: a combination of theory, practical exercises and inspiring cases. We will be using research or project examples from the participants themselves, which we will have requested beforehand and have incorporated in the workshop. During the workshop the participants will each give a 1-minute presentation of their research.
Participants: preferably no more than 15 for an optimal group interaction, but we also work with larger groups (e.g. 40 participants).
Language: Dutch, English, French or Spanish.
Location: we come to your organization.
Trainers: Hans Van de Water or Toon Verlinden.
It was the most useful information and guidance I have ever received in both my graduate and post-graduate career. I feel so much more confident in my presentation and communication abilities. – Maria Dzialo, Postdoctoral Researcher (VIB – KU Leuven Laboratory for Genetics and Genomics)
Half or full day
Have your choice of a half (3 hours) or full day (6 hours, lunch break time not included).
During the 6-hour workshop, we will delve deeper into the different presentation techniques and there will be more room for practice. The participants will each give their 1-minute presentation a second time in the afternoon, allowing them to apply the tips and tricks from the workshop and receive more personalized feedback.
- Structure: how should I build up my presentation?
- Attention: how can I make my presentation interesting for my audience?
- Simple: how can I simplify a complex story for my audience to understand?
- Impact: how do I reach the results I want with my presentation?
- Stress: how can I make a friend of my foe?
- Interaction: how can I get my audience involved during a presentation?
- Body language and voice: how can I best use these to make my message come across?
- Text: how do I create clear slides that will support my message?
- Images and figures: where can I find them and how should I use them?
Non-profit organizations (including educational and research institutions) receive a 10% discount:
- 3h workshop: € 895 excl. tax (1.083 incl. tax)
- 6h workshop: € 1.305 excl. tax (1.579 incl. tax)
- 3h workshop: € 995 excl. tax (1.204 incl. tax)
- 6h workshop: € 1450 excl. tax (1.754 incl. tax)
(prices do not include transportation cost per train departing from Antwerp)
Optional: feedback session
One or two weeks after the workshop (3h or 6h workshop) the participants will give their own presentation and receive feedback from us. Together we will discuss what else can be improved in their slides, story and/or performance. This session is fully optional, but past experience has shown this to be of great value to the participants.
A 3-hour feedback session comes to € 650 (excl. tax and transportation).
Workshop + book
Our book ‘The floor is yours’ follows the same ‘story – show – slides’ structure of the workshop. It includes many extra examples and handy tools. The workshop + book combination ensures the biggest impact on the participants.
Price per book as part of the workshop: € 18 excl. tax (€ 19,08 incl. tax, instead of € 25,99 normal price).
The Floor is Yours offers you the DOs and DON’Ts of sharing your story. A must-read. – Koenraad Debackere, Professor Economy and Business Administration KU Leuven
Easy to read, and funny too. Essential reading for anyone who wants to learn to present a complex message in a clear and convincing manner. – Jan-Willem Toering, Director Royal Netherlands Chemical Society, KNCV
Schedule a workshop
Interested in one of our workshops? Get in touch and let us tailor a workshop especially for the needs and wishes of your organization.