We offer workshops
- to researchers at universities, colleges and companies
- on how to communicate research in a clear and convincing way
- in English, Dutch or Spanish
- research presentations
- research posters
- PechaKucha presentations
- Your research in 20 seconds (NEW!)
- Basic: (3 hours) including small exercises, tips & tricks and inspiring examples
- Intermediate: (6 hours) basic formula + practical exercises based on slides or posters created by the participants
- Expert: (9 hours) spread out over 2 days. Intermediate formula + one practice presentation given by each participant, followed by personalized feedback
The workshops we offer are
- dynamic and interactive
- clear and concrete
- personalized: we use real-life cases
Not satisfied? We will organize for you a new workshop, free of charge.
Contact us and we will send you a personalized proposal, adapted to your needs and wishes.
We have given workshops at universities, university colleges, companies and events in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Mexico. Some of our clients:
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Université de Liège
- Leiden University
- KU Leuven
- Gembloux Agro-bio Tech
- Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla
- Secretaría de Educación Pública del Estado de Puebla
- Thomas More
- Hogeschool Gent
- Karel de Grote-Hogeschool
- Kruispunt Migratie – Integratie
- Benelux Young Water Professionals Regional Conference, Luxemburg
- Summerschool wetenschapscommunicatie ‘Zeg’t eens!’
— Andy Gijbels, Managing director at eonX an winner of the Flemish PhD Cup 2016
During the Flemish PhD Cup, I had to opportunity to follow a workshop given by The Floor is Yours. During this competition, 16 candidates were challenged to present their scientific work of the last four years in as little as three minutes to the general public. Hans and Toon trained us a full day with a lot of enthusiasm, energy and dedication. We learned how to shape our story and presentation and how to sharpen our presentation skills for maximum impact and clearness. The progress all candidates made in a single day was truly AMAZING. Next to numerous effective tips and tricks, everyone received personal feedback. Even after the workshop, we could still rely on their support whenever needed. Hans and Toon, thank you so much for helping me win the Flemish PhD Cup!
— Philippe Degelin, Learning adivisor at Kruispunt Migratie-Integratie
Toon gave a presentation training and it gave me a ton of insights on how to build an appealing presentation. Because his presentation itself was an example of this, a lot of it sticked. His personal feedback on my own presentation was valuable and instructive. What I will remember most from the workshop is: what is the main message you want to convey to your audience? Try to think about that in advance.
— Adrien Marchi, civil engineer at Aquafin
Hans gave a presentation training at Aquafin. I put in practice his tips at an international conference in Italy. It went out perfectly right! In the sense that really a lot of people from around the world came to me afterwards to compliment me on the presentation. They were referring to both the form and content. By their questions I saw that most of them had grasped the main messages. One women from Australia asked me where I would give my next presentation. She thinks that if her students could see a ‘young’ like me, it would ‘motivate’ them. So thanks again Hans for all your nice tips, it worked out very good for me.
— Astrid Guedens, Director Expertise Centre Code, Thomas More
Click here to read more testimonials…
Our team @ Code Thomas More really appreciated the tailor-made presentation Hans from The Floor is Yours brought on stage with plenty of enthusiasm. He provided us with very practical and feasible tips & tricks for our lectures and workshops. We look forward to putting it into practice!