Target audience: researchers (or anyone who ever needs to communicate a complex message)
Aim: the participants learn to present their research in a clear and convincing manner, tailored to the needs of the target group.
Approach: a combination of theory, practical exercises and inspiring cases. We will be using research examples from the participants themselves, which we will have requested beforehand and have incorporated in the workshop. During the workshop the participants will each give a 1-minute presentation of their research.
Participants: preferably 15 or less per group
Language: Dutch, English or Spanish
Location: we come to your organization
Trainers: Hans Van de Water or Toon Verlinden
Half or full day
Have your choice of a half (3 hours) or full day (6 hours). During the 6-hour workshop, we will delve deeper into the different presentation techniques and there will be more room for practice. The participants will each give their 1-minute presentation a second time in the afternoon, allowing them to apply the tips and tricks from the workshop and receive more personalized feedback.
- Structure: how should I build up my presentation?
- Attention: how can I make my presentation interesting for my audience?
- Simple: how can I simplify a complex story for my audience to understand?
- Impact: how do I reach the results I want with my presentation?
- Stress: how can I make a friend of my foe?
- Interaction: how can I get my audience involved during a presentation?
- Body language and voice: how can I best use these to make my message come across?
- Text: how do I create clear slides that will support my message?
- Images and figures: where can I find them and how should I use them?
After completing the workshop, the participants will receive a free download link of our e-books ‘Presentation Domination: 10 tips to increase the impact of your research presentation’ and ’Creating an amazing scientific poster’.
Non-profit organizations (including educational and research institutions) receive a 10% discount:
- 3h workshop: € 895 excl. tax (1.083 incl. tax)
- 6h workshop: € 1.305 excl. tax (1.579 incl. tax)
- 3h workshop: € 995 excl. tax (1.204 incl. tax)
- 6h workshop: € 1450 excl. tax (1.754 incl. tax)
(prices do not include transportation cost per train departing from Antwerp)
Optional: feedback session
One or two weeks after the workshop (3h or 6h workshop) the participants will give their own presentation and receive feedback from us. Together we will discuss what else can be improved in their slides, story and/or performance. This session is fully optional, but past experience has shown this to be of great value to the participants.
A 3-hour feedback session comes to € 650 (excl. tax and transportation).
Schedule a workshop
Interested in one of our workshops? Get in touch and let us tailor a workshop especially for the needs and wishes of your organization.