Target audience: researchers (or anyone who wants to quickly wow their audience)
Aim: the participants learn to give a clear and convincing 1-minute presentation of their research, tailored to their target audience (a 3-minute version is also possible).
Approach: a combination of theory, practical exercises and inspiring cases. We will be using research examples from the participants themselves, which we will have requested beforehand and have incorporated in the workshop. The participants will present their own research during this workshop.
Participants: preferably 15 or less per group
Language: Dutch, English or Spanish
Location: we come to your organization
Trainers: Hans Van de Water or Toon Verlinden
Should you be interesting? Well, of course! As a researcher, when giving a talk, presenting a poster or having a simple conversation, you can always use more support, new ideas or extra financing. This workshop will teach you to get non-experts excited for your research within just 1 minute.
(We can also focus on delivering 3-minute pitches, if needed)
Half or full day
Have your choice of a half (3 hours) or full day (6 hours). The 6-hour workshop delves deeper into different techniques and leaves more room for practice. In the afternoon, participants will have the opportunity to apply the tips from the workshop to deliver their 1-minute presentation a second time and receive personalized feedback.
In this workshop we will cover these topics:
- Structure: how should I build up my pitch? What is the difference between a formal and informal pitch?
- Attention: how can I make my pitch interesting for my audience?
- Simple: how can I simplify a complex story for my audience to understand?
- Interaction: how can I get my audience involved and draw questions from them?
- Body language and voice: how can I best use these to make my message come across?
- Slides: should I use slides or a different object to draw people’s attention?
After completing the workshop, the participants will receive a free download link of our e-books ‘Presentation Domination: 10 tips to increase the impact of your research presentation’ and ’Creating an amazing scientific poster’.
Non-profit organizations (including educational and research institutions) receive a 10% discount:
- 3h workshop: € 895 excl. tax (1.083 incl. tax)
- 6h workshop: € 1.305 excl. tax (1.579 incl. tax)
- 3h workshop: € 995 excl. tax (1.204 incl. tax)
- 6h workshop: € 1450 excl. tax (1.754 incl. tax)
(prices do not include transportation cost per train departing from Antwerp)
Optional: feedback session
One or two weeks after the workshop (3h or 6h workshop) the participants will give their own presentation and receive feedback from us. Together we will discuss what else can be improved in their slides, story and/or performance. This session is fully optional, but past experience has shown this to be of great value to the participants.
A 3-hour feedback session comes to € 650 (excl. tax and transportation).
Schedule a workshop
Interested in one of our workshops? Get in touch and let us tailor a workshop especially for the needs and wishes of your organization.