Target audience: researchers.
Aim: the participants uncover the news value of their own research and learn to present their research to the media in a clear and convincing manner.
Approach: a combination of theory, practical exercises and inspiring cases. We will be using research examples from the participants themselves, which we will have requested beforehand and have incorporated in the workshop.
Participants: preferably no more than 15 for an optimal group interaction, but we also work with larger groups (e.g. 40 participants).
Language: Dutch, English or Spanish.
Location: we come to your organization.
Trainers: Hans Van de Water or Toon Verlinden.
Half or full day
The 6-hour workshop delves deeper into different techniques and leaves more room for practice. In the afternoon, participants will have the opportunity to apply the tips from the workshop to create their own press release and receive personalized feedback.
- News: when does research get picked up by the media?
- Aim and target audience: what do I want to achieve and who am I addressing?
- Media: which channels can I target to spread my message? (+ get inside a journalist’s mind)
- Wow factor: how do I package my research into a compelling story?
- Press release: how do I get started? (And what can be my sexy title?)
- Social media to spread my message
- Speaking in front of the camera or for radio broadcast
- Personal branding: should you become a hero?
Non-profit organizations (including educational and research institutions) receive a 10% discount:
- 3h workshop: € 895 excl. tax (1.083 incl. tax)
- 6h workshop: € 1.305 excl. tax (1.579 incl. tax)
- 3h workshop: € 995 excl. tax (1.204 incl. tax)
- 6h workshop: € 1450 excl. tax (1.754 incl. tax)
(prices do not include transportation cost per train departing from Antwerp)
Optional: feedback session
One or two weeks after the workshop (3h or 6h workshop) the participants will present their own press release and receive feedback from us. Together we will discuss what else can be improved in their story and/or performance. This session is fully optional, but past experience has shown this to be of great value to the participants.
A 3-hour feedback session comes to € 650 (excl. tax and transportation).
Schedule a workshop
Interested in one of our workshops? Get in touch and let us tailor a workshop especially for the needs and wishes of your organization.